Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No Bake, (less than) 90 Cal Cookies

I couldn't help myself but to end the night with a simple dessert. Instead of buying pre-made cookies, I like to mix my own. Usually, I use ingredients including Greek yogurt, bananas, and almond flower. We will get to those glorious desserts. Tonight, I am tired, so I simply did the following:

  • In a microwave-safe bowl, I combined 2 tablespoons peanut butter (preferably the no sugar added kind), 2 teaspoons honey, and 1 square Trader Joe's caramel sea salt chocolate. I microwaved for 45 seconds.
  • Next, I stirred the mixture for consistency
  • Lastly, I mixed in 1/2 cup oats, then rolled the cookies into little balls, and drizzled with a bit of honey for stickiness. 
Smash the balls into cookie shapes while they are still warm. down; refrigerate for 10 minutes. 
No bake, no mess. 

Peanut butter: 190 calories
Honey: 50 calories with drizzle
Chocolate: 52.5 calories
Oats: 150 calories (varies by brand, give or take)
____________________________
88.5 calories per cookie 

No comments:

Post a Comment