All you need is:
- Multigrain bread (this recipe is for two slices)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- cinnamon to your liking
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- sliced almonds to your liking
- granulated Splenda (optional)
- cooking spray (Smart Balance, preferably)
To make, combine the almond milk, egg whites, and cinnamon. Whip it good, and saturate your bread.
Heat your stove on on medium, coat your pan with cooking spray, and put your bread on the pan.
Drizzle 1/4 teaspoon of agave on each side of the bread before you flip, as the picture shows. This will sweeten your bread enough so that syrup is not needed.
Flip your bread, then throw the blueberries in (to your liking). If you want them to caramelize, add some Splenda and let it chill for 1 minute. Either way, the heat will bring out the berries' natural sugars, and add some yummy sweet.
Once the minute passes, put it all on a plate and add the sliced almonds. You're all set!
- Multigrain bread - 220 calories
- 1 cup almond milk - 30 calories
- 1/3 cup egg whites - 42 calories
- cinnamon to your liking - 5 or more calories
- 1/2 teaspoon agave - 30 calories
- sliced almonds to your liking - about 30 calories
- granulated Splenda (optional) - 0 calories
For a little something extra, Greek yogurt with honey goes amazing on the side.
If you have any questions, comment or let me know! This is a great recipe for the whole family. If you need an extra boost of sweets, some fat free whipped creme can be a great option.
Glad to be back on the blogging streak! Happy eating and reading, everyone.