My version derives from Daddy's influence; it's just a tad healthier. As you follow this recipe, keep in mind that the consistency of crepes comes mostly from the whisking, the mixing, and the heating. Follow my lead and you will see what I mean.
What you will need:
|Whisk your shiz.|
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (most grocery stores sell this now)
- 1 cup unflavored almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt, nonfat
- Smart Balance 0 calorie cooking spray
- Large pan
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar light
Note: This recipe makes 4 crepes, but if you want to make more, it's 1 cup of almond milk for every half cup flour.
For your Crepes:
Start by whisking the almond milk and the flour until there are no more flour chunks. Shake the cinnamon so it coats the whole top. Whisk, whisk, whisk! Cut the bananas in thin slivers and add to the mixture. If they're too thick, your batter will break.
|See how it had spread?|
Turn on your pan to medium/low heat, and spray with cooking spray so it coats the whole surface. Don't get too great heavy though! Three second sprays at a time, on different sections. The three seconds also keep it at zero cals.
Use a 1/2c-measuring cup to scoop the batter in the center of the pan. Then, use the bottom of the measuring cup to spread the batter in a round circle towards the outskirts of the pan. See the picture, because the visual makes it much more clear. Cook for three minutes on each side. Use a thin spatula to flip, and be careful. Put the spatula under the circumference of the crepe and lift.
|Greek Yogurt = creamy.|
For your filling:
Use a pan on medium/low heat. Scoop your yogurt into the pan.
Smash your blueberries, somehow. To be honest, I use my hands. Add them in. Add 1 teaspoon of the agave. Move around with a spatula for 4 minutes.
Put it all together:
Scoop your filling into the crepes. Drizzle each with the remaining teaspoon of agave.
Roll your crepes, and serve.
Tips and tricks:
- If your crepe breaks while you're spreading out the batter, then patch up the whole with a little more batter. If it's a small amount, it will catch up with the rest of the crepe and be cooked the same.
- Your first crepe may come out botched, especially if you've never made them before. Don't get frustrated.
The calorie roundup:
- Flour: 150 calories
- Milk: 20 (must use unsweetened or it will be more)
- Cinnamon: 6 (per tablespoon)
- Banana: 105 (medium)
- Greek yogurt: 100
- Agave: 40
- Blueberries: 45 (give or take a few)
466 calories for 4 = 116.5 calories per crepe
Questions? Let me know! I'm happy to answer. Until next time, happy eating and happy reading!