Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Just a random quote that came up on my Google+ feed. I like it because it applies to many scenarios, but I am thinking of health and weight loss right now. For me, it was quite a journey to go from eating whatever I wanted, to eating healthy and feeling deprived, to eating healthy and feeling fulfilled. My working out routine started very disorganized as well. I was bored of running or going to the gym and using the machines. The first day I tried Jazzercise, I was hooked, and because it's such a great workout that incorporates weights, I am thrilled with it. I am not a star yoga student, but Vinyasa feels really good, burns lots of calories, and teaches you how to breathe. 
If you are discouraged right now or if you are just starting out on your healthy journey, that's ok. All you need is determination and the rest will come. Try different kinds of workouts and cardio classes; you will find something. Experiment with different healthy ingredients and recipes. If you have a sweet tooth like I do, then find modifications. Recently, I've been dipping figs, prunes, oranges, and bananas in two small dark chocolate squares, melted. 

Lastly, remember that little things make up the big picture. Go for the light beer. Have 1/2 of a cupcake instead of the whole thing. Exercise for 15 minutes longer so you can eat more dessert. 

As I continue to build up these recipes, I hope you will make them, like them, and realize that living healthy can be realistic if you do it right. Modify and compromise. Try to have fun with it. You will be amazed by how you feel and what you see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment